When so many people have been wrongly banged up (or even wrongly executed if you go back far enough), the mindset of someone who is consumed with anger at the criminal justice system because not enough people have been jailed for alleged non-violent offences is alien to me. But that is precisely where Stuart Campbell stands. If you asked him what his two political priorities are, and if you managed to get an honest answer out of him, he would undoubtedly say the eradication of trans ideology and getting Nicola Sturgeon jailed. Not independence for Scotland. Not the elimination of nuclear weapons to secure a future of humanity. Not the tackling of the climate emergency to ensure humanity has a habitable planet to live on. Not ending the genocide and offering justice to the people of Gaza. Not the alleviation of poverty in Scotland. No, what motivates Stew, what is literally his heart's desire (and everyone reading this knows deep down that this is true) is pointless revenge against a woman he obsessively hates.
There is nothing that can be done about hatred being Stew's political lodestar, or about the grotesque manifestations of that, but I hope it is obvious to most sensible independence supporters, or indeed to anyone who has any form of constructive political aspiration for this country, just how harmful and foolhardy it would be to follow him down that rabbit hole. His newly-published threats to the police to take legal action unless they prosecute people in the SNP over the 'ring-fenced fund' episode means beyond doubt that he will soon be once again seeking eye-watering amounts of money from his followers (in the ballpark of what would be required to fund a referendum campaign, ironically) to futilely throw away on yet another revenge-driven court case that he simply cannot win. I hope the Kezia Dugdale debacle at least gives his disciples pause for thought about whether on this occasion the money might be better spent on something more worthwhile, such as, y'know, actually campaigning for Scottish independence.
I'm not even going to 'pick a side' here and say that I either believe or disbelieve Nicola Sturgeon when she says she knew nothing about Murrell's activities. The question just doesn't interest me because Ms Sturgeon is no longer SNP leader, she is no longer an MSP, she is no longer in frontline politics in any form. I do personally think she was foolish to recently attack the current SNP leadership after they expended so much political capital defending her to the hilt, and it also grated on me slightly when she tried a fresh variation of the "it's another example of a woman suffering for the actions of a man" soundbite, which I felt was a cheap way of playing to a certain gallery by generically demonising men. But what she says and does as a private citizen is a matter for her. The rest of us should get on with living in the political present where the independence cause is firmly in the hands of John Swinney and cannot be affected much by the actions of past leaders.
We are presently standing at a junction where the two possible routes are signposted as "independence" and "other stuff". Somewhat ironically in view of a cartoon he once published, Stew is gagging to visit the "other stuff" location and wants you to join him there. Don't be tempted this time.
* * *
I'm still urgently trying to make progress towards my blogging and YouTube videos becoming financially sustainable. If you'd like to help me continue to create content by becoming a supporter, please check out my Ko-Fi page HERE - it accepts small recurring monthly payments or one-off donations of any amount, and it also accepts a variety of payment methods, including card and PayPal. A million thanks to everyone who has already contributed.
James,
ReplyDeleteI am an independence supporter since I was able to remember and before it was noticeably "cool" which i now believe it is on balance.
I share a lot of your frustrations that wings seems more inclined to sling down the snp than promoting scottish indepdendemce but truthfully he has a point about these referendum funds. People put money into the pot for a referendum which would undoubtedly be a david amd foliage clash between us and the London state. And we were defrauded from what I can see.
Can we get rid of whoever degraded us amd move on?
Why finish your comment with "move on" when quite clearly the one and only thing you *don't* want to do is move on? You want to follow Stew down the "other stuff" path.
DeleteIt’s a matter of do we want to live in a Scotland where criminals find crime pays.
DeleteNow if you start saying "Scotland will not be ready for independence until...", we'll *know* you're Stew.
DeleteHi James,
DeleteI want to nip it in the bud and move on yes. Who agreed to use this money for referendum campaigning? Are these people still in the party?
Running up a huge campaign fund for a big independence campaign is exactly what we should be doing as we are going to need it against the backdrop of a State hellbent on diminishing it. Our view needs to cut through and that is going to need money and lots of it.
The managing of funds off of 100,000 members for many years (now down a bit as we know) is off the scale negligent. I have links with catalan movements and they were awash with money with fewer members and had events, campaign material, heck they even had a referendum with the funds they had. What do we have in terms of indy campaign material? Nothing. We had more in the 90s.
I want to know the funds are in the right hands. Almost has me thinking we have been infiltrated.
How the hell did we end up spending this fund? It is a disgrace.
To add also i could not give one monekys about Sturgeon or anyone else of the past. I want to know that people who made the decision to deceive are no longer making decisions. And I dont think the story has heen adequately explained. I want this sorted and move on.
DeleteAnd we were defrauded from what I can see.
DeleteCan we get rid of whoever degraded us amd move on?
Haven't the SNP said that they'll replay any donors who ask for their money back? Unless they're lying about that, that does seem to reduce the urgency of this whole matter to pretty much zero
Were you one of the donors, tell me how much you donated and I will pay you it back if your fiver means that much to you!
Delete£1.50 and a used bus stub. Pay up now or the consequences will be severe!!
DeleteI think that's a terrible argument Keating.
DeleteIt's the trustworthiness of the organisation now and in future, not the fiver, at stake here.
Hey Keaton. Murrell said he will pay back all he stole. Does that mean in your mind he shouldn't have been prosecuted and held accountable for his crime.
DeleteI am amazed at how easily people who want independence just casually say it disnae matter that Sturgeon promised Indyref2 multiple times from 2017, raised ring fenced money off the back of this promise, and delivered nothing but a phoney referendum date. It was a scam designed and carried out by the SNP.
Rubbish. Just like the Dugdale stupidity, everyone knows Campbell will lose his case. So yes, literally the only thing at stake is your money. You have to decide whether to throw it away or not. Ooooh, tough choice.
DeleteWhat's rubbish about it?
DeleteSet aside a legal case which i wont be partipating in.
The issue I care about is the trust of how money is raised and spent in an organisation.
Campbell and Sturgeon are similar in as much as both of them have failed the cause of independence and each, on different scales, has left a legacy of confusion and bitterness that adds to our considerable challenges in gaining our self determination.
ReplyDeleteA few misguided people stick to them - their tragedy. Move on !
The spending of this money concerns me and i couldnt care less about Wings or Sturgeon.
DeleteAre we to believe this conduct is acceptable and are we to believe the party were amounting a war chest and then just decided to use it? What were the reasons behind that decision? Who made them. They are fair questions and need resolved. We're talking about the custodian of our nations independence here.
Self awareness is an attribute sadly lacking these days in all facets of life....notably politics.
ReplyDelete7.26 Unless you are a yoon you mean. Then you can be morally vacuous!
DeleteCampbell has demonstrated previously at great length that the COPFS is answerable to absolutely no-one. At least that’s the way they want it to appear. If the maxim that the Government and the judiciary should be forever separate is to be followed then is this not a good thing?
ReplyDeleteI think on balance of judgment this is generally a strong argument. Governments are fleeting structures. Viktor Orbán gerrymandered the judiciary in Hungary to suit his agenda. Benjamin Netanyahu was trying to flood the Israeli Supreme Court with his own appointees in the summer of 2023. There were massive street demonstrations against this, but other matters intervened. Trump has repeatedly threatened to expand the US Supreme Court with his handpicked stooges, and has otherwise interfered with judicial appointment on numerous occasions.
It would however be naïve to believe that the judiciary in the UK (north and south of the border) are functionally independent of the Permanent State. They are an intrinsic part of the Permanent State.
The Crown Agent overseeing the decision to prosecute Alex Salmond (David Harvie) has been identified as a “former” MI5 officer (they never really leave). The head of the Lockerbie Trial Briefing Unit, “Professor” Andrew Fulton was nothing of the sort, he was a senior MI6 officer.
In the last few weeks Justice Jeremy Johnson has run a coach and horses through legal precedence in E & W. Charging a senior KC with contempt of court for merely explaining to the jury a principle of English law. Sentencing defendants for a crime they were not convicted of. Both of these acts are absolute legal firsts. Johnson would not be getting away with this without the backing of the Permanent State.
On Friday the trial of Tony Greenstein ended with an acquittal. The judge Sarah Plaschkes issued the most outrageous vindictive, bile dripping statement to the press. She clearly wasn’t happy with the verdict of the jury.
An accuser in the trial of Alex Salmond clearly committed perjury (I cannot say which one as they are protected by a life long anonymity order), yet nothing is done about this.
There is no need to concoct a grand conspiracy theory about this. Individuals pander to the needs of the Permanent State because it leads to career advancement. The individual who issued the life long anonymity orders to Salmond’s accusers (Leeona Dorrian) has seen her career flourish.
For Campbell to try and take Polis Scotland to court would be an exercise in futility. They will hide behind an impenetrable wall of constructive ambiguity. Polis Scotland and the COPFS will pass the parcel of responsibility between them ‘till the universe eventually succumbs to ultimate entropy. Polis Scotland will expend unlimited amounts of tax payers money defending their interests and Campbell will do likewise to any funds directed foolishly his way.
Campbell would be best advised to highlight instances of injustice and leave it at that. That is after all what journalists are supposed to do.
In recent months the Permanent State has reached with increasing regularity for press gaging orders. The Starmer arson attacks, the Covert Human Intelligence Sources (Criminal Conduct) Act, and criminal trials related to Palestine solidarity too many to mention. I will refer to these gagging orders as “D notices” as this was the term we used to know them by. I refuse to indulge the Permanent State in their perpetual game of whack-a-mole, where they change the name of these orders to try and obfuscate their existence.
These “D notices” are effective in keeping MSM from educating the public. They are (not quite) so effective with the alternative media, which Campbell remains tenuously part of.
Beardy Man in England attacks Scotland and wants Scots people to pay for it. While I think about I donated once to the same guy and never got a receipt!
DeleteAs far as Sturgeon is concerned it seems obvious she believes that misogyny should be a capital offence whereas misandry is a virtue.
ReplyDeleteI got banned from another Scottish politics site for opining that Dugdale was possibly afflicted by penis envy - I won't make the same mistake again - Sturgeon worked it out by marrying one
Shanks - make toilets or used to. Best place for your silly remarks.
DeleteI am widely travelled. I wouldn't dream of claiming I am sophisticated but I have heard people whispering about my knowledge of the world. It makes my blood boil to see trains cancelled between, shall we say, Reims and Aulnoye, but that is as naught to the near rage I feel when contemplating this latest folie à deux.
DeleteSebald don’t let us keep you. Happy travels.
DeleteI dont see the letby innocence at all. Deaths have stopped and she was acting weird. Ocham's razer
ReplyDeleteOh well, if she was acting weird, say no more. Proof beyond reasonable doubt.
DeleteA jerk beyond any doubt.
DeleteChurchill was innocent, Blair was innocent they were only acting in the best interests of Brittania!
DeleteChurchill was arguably the greatest statesman of the twentieth century.
DeleteHeld in even higher regard in the States than in this country. There are Americans still living today who regard him as the greatest person who’s ever lived. Fact.
8.24 millions of americans voted Trump president not once but twice. Fact.
Delete8.24 You know nothing of Churchill or you ignore the facts. In 1895 during the Cuban Wars of Independence Churchill joined troops attempting to suppress independence fighters, he was absolutely against Irish Home Rule, he expressed preference for Protestantism over Catholicism, he opposed women’s suffrage, he was a Tory, he contributed to the deaths of 3 million Indians during the 1943 Bengal Famine as he prioritised wartime shipping and food stockpiles over relief, he authorised intensive bombing campaigns on civilian centres such as Dresden and Hamburg which caused massive civilian casualties, in 1919 Churchill sent a war memo advocating the use of lachrymatory (tear) gas against "uncivilised tribes" during colonial unrest, he suppressed ‘colonialist movements’, his hardline opposition to Indian independence and the deployment of security forces during violent domestic and imperial uprisings such as the Black and Tans in Ireland, he was a racist with his expressed views on racial hierarchies and derogatory remarks about non-white populations which have been condemned by modern historians, Churchill was a reactionary imperialist and made catastrophic errors in judgment. His ‘legacy’ faces severe criticism and accusations of moral or criminal culpability from historians. ‘Arguably the greatest statesman of the twentieth century’? Maybe ‘arguably’ a colonialist imperialist mass murdering bigot is more accurate!
Delete5:04am,
DeleteYou are entitled to your opinion , however you are in a small minority.
Churchill has been voter the greatest Britain 🇬🇧 on more than one occasion.
Voted - not voter, Briton - not Britain. People voted for Hitler, people voted for Trump. Try a bit harder please and don't use the butcher's apron as you symbol if you want to be taken seriously.
DeleteChurchill was a complicated character, the biggest stain on his reputation was the disaster of Gallipoli, which was all down to him.
DeleteI love all these “I’m an independence supporter but” comments. The fact that they start with that means that they are the complete opposite. Who is this ‘we’ that they talk about? Am I a ‘we’? Am I a you? Am I an I? The words Scotland or the Scottish people are rarely mentioned!
ReplyDeleteI see the Wingnuts are all over this site, once again.
ReplyDeleteIt is incomprehensible to me how a human slug like Cambell, who attacked and slated the Hillsborough victims, who still will not admit a genocide is happening in Gaza, who is a cheerleader for the child-slaughtering IDF, who has switched variously between support for most unionist parties, who seemed quite happy with Trump's MAGA ICE thugs murdering completely innocent bystanders and who now appears to support extreme right fascist scum like Farage and Reform, is believed or backed by any sentient person.
He is a piece of human trash, nothing more nothing less and anyone who 'overlooks' his repugnant beliefs and traits just so they can continue to target one political party and one ex politician, are cut from the same stinking cloth.
His attacks on the Hillsborough victims were appalling. Victim-blaming is always detestable.
DeleteTake him out of it. Are you confident those who spent the referendum money are no nowhere near decision making duties in the party? Im not.
DeleteHow the hell can you take him out of it? Nobody else is proposing legal action. You can't support the action without supporting him.
Delete“ you can’t support the action without supporting him” absolute rubbish.
DeleteA simple question for anons at 3.37 and 1.09pm. If Campbell announced he was giving £50k of his own money to a children's cancer charity would you denounce him or applaud him?
DeleteIf Sturgeon announced she was giving £50k from her book sales to the same children's cancer charity I would have no problem applauding her action. You see some adults can actually distinguish between the action and the person carrying it out. It wouldnae change my mind that she should be in prison.
Hi 3,37
DeleteJust seeing this response. Well you can of course consider the arguments rather than the person proposing them?
Whether there is legal action or not isnt really the concern, the concern is how did the decision get made to spend this money? If anyone is still in the party who made that decision, how can we be comfortable giving to a referendum fund again?
'Human slug'
DeleteBest and most fitting description of that wee turncoat rat Campbell I have heard.
IFSY I would question him first about where he got the £50K from!
Delete"Well you can of course consider the arguments rather than the person proposing them?"
DeleteYou could, I suppose. Trouble is the arguments are crap too, which is a recurring theme with Wee Stewie.
i though the wee black book was too wee. I want my money back.
Delete652
DeleteWell feel free to enlighten us
Eh? About what?
DeleteThe below:
DeleteHow did the decision get made to spend this money? If anyone is still in the party who made that decision, how can we be comfortable giving to a referendum fund again?
Are you confident those who spent the referendum money are no nowhere near decision making duties in the party? Im not.
Anon at 5.15pm would actually prevent a children's cancer charity getting a £50k donation because it came from Campbell. Lowlife just isnae strong enough to describe you. What is really low? I know I 'll take my lead from you by calling you a human slug. I hope you wipe up your slime trail behind you.
DeleteWay back, Campbell started off with what appeared to be a genuineness towards a truly independent Scotland. As his notoriety has progressed, it would seem that he has come to believe that only his opinion matters? His "I know best" attitude has a Trump like influence attached to it. Campbell's vindictiveness will be his ultimate downfall. Could it be a mental issue.
DeleteAnyway, ALL the people I know who were regular subscribers to his blog are no more.
8.10pm sorry to hear that so many people are no more. It is that dangerous to stop paying Campbell. Wow!!!
DeleteIFSY the vile….I am currently undergoing treatment for cancer but what the fuck it doesn’t matter does it, after all who is going to take offence at such an offensive comment from such an offensive fuck wipe like yourself. Let me just commend you on your lack of humanity!
DeleteJust to add I am 5.15 comment that you probably hope will die! Well I fucking won’t, I will live to see my country Scotland be an Independent nation regardless of your immature inhumane comment about me!
DeleteI am 5.15 and I will add, IFSY do you want to meet up, I may have cancer but I will stand up strong!
Delete5.15 I retract my last statement. Anger took over, you really need to watch what you say at times, as they say ‘ the pen is mightier than the sword’ sometimes! As an aside the Scottish NHS have been utterly brilliant, regardless of the ambulance chasing unionist parties and my deepest thanks go to them!!!
Delete5.31 am you should retract all your statements. There is nowhere in my post or in any of my posts ever that I say I hope someone will die. I’m sorry you have cancer but your posts are inaccurate and extremely offensive.
DeleteIFSY you are the offensive. You cannot bandy words like cancer at people that you do not know, a very dangerous game not unlike Sarwar the idiot, are you an idiot? Well the proof is in your comments. You are not liked, you have no moral switch off valve, your comments are second rate primary school slag offs without substance. You have no facts so you ask everyone else on SGP to provide you with those facts. Do you listen? No! It is like throwing a frisbee at Bart Simpsons dog….nothing sinks in! A minor bit player troll and you aren’t even good at that! What is YOUR purpose in life? To suckle on mummy’s ‘teat’?
DeleteMoronic idiot at 1.00pm.
Delete3.01 Wow! A really grown up comeback from ifsy. It really did cut me to the core. Ha! Ha! Ha! What a child!!!
Delete6.02pm confirming he is a moronic idiot.
DeleteSorry I disagree about 1.00pm and 6.02pm being a moronic idiot. He is simply just a lowlife that has zero sense of decency.
DeleteIfsy again you cut me to the core! Decency left the building when you were born! You really are not the brightest in the class!
DeleteWay brighter than you nicophant. You claim to be an independence supporter but you still continue to support people who destroyed the hopes of Independence over the last 12 years. You are either a gullible idiot or a Britnat.. Either way you are a cowardly anon.
DeleteCampbell is just your everyday good old British/English con man, he did well for a good while, he made himself a great deal of money, but he's well rumbled now and only the idiots will believe the nonsense he spouts, and the bigger idiots will give him money
ReplyDeleteHe's just a wee Reform UK Trump in a beard who'd better be a wee bit careful as to how far he takes this latest attack on the former FM, she's a private citizen now, albeit with a public profile but she has the ability to do things now that she could not have done as FM, plus she has many many friends far in excess of that wee scrote Campbell
The people that Campbell depends upon for his income won't be standing up for him when his time comes, and his time will come, you can be assured of that, and he won't be taking that to the bank or passing GO
It's a terrible beard
Delete“ she has many many friends” are you saying that includes 007 because your post sounds like a threat of physical violence.
DeleteNot so much a beard as bum fluff.
DeleteTin respect of the the legality of the matter where I suspect the authorities took a view. However this does not mean that the conduct was justified . I think that the way the SNP behaved was reprehensible. They are a failing government, the won the election for the same reason Starmer did, the alternatives were even worse. For how long that is sustainable, I do not know. I have voted in all elections all my life but I have never felt as indecisive as at the last Scottish election.
ReplyDeleteHaving many family members and friends in various parts of England and Wales and having talked to them extensively over many years, there is no doubt in my mind that the SNP have run the best, most successful, most compassionate and fairest government on these islands.
ReplyDeleteIt is very informative to listen to those living outside Scotland talk with envy about the many beneficial things which we Scots take completely for granted, but which they simply do not get from their governments.
The list is pretty exhaustive and almost universally known now, so does not really need to be repeated on here.
They also are very struck with Scotgovt's much more strident condemnation of the Israeli genocide in Gaza and full recognition for a Palestinian State, as opposed to the lukewarm and almost neutral platitudes from their administrations.
There is also absolutely no doubt, that huge numbers of decent English and Welsh folk would definitely vote for the SNP if they could.
The SNP, over the last couple of decades, has been THE success story in British politics and it very much looks like that will continue into the future.
Anon at 3.14pm. Clearly you are not an independence supporter.
Deletelike you.
DeleteAnon at 6.59pm very kind of you to say you like me.
DeleteWell the SNP are more popular than Alba or ISP or ATLS put together.
DeleteWhat an embarrassing post from anon@3:14!
DeleteWhat utter drivel!
And you are clearly an idiot, ifsy.
ReplyDelete4.07pm it’s not clear to me why ifs is an idiot. He has been proven correct about the SNP leadership. Some idiots claimed there was no criminal activity in the SNP. They have been proven completely wrong. Are you one of them? Is that why you posted your comment?
DeleteAre you a bad loser?
Anon at 4.40.
DeleteHi ifsy.
Lol!!!
IFSY commenting on his own comments to look like has friends, very sad!
DeleteThe SNP were victims of criminal conduct by an executive officer of the party. Do you not understand the meaning of the word victim? Ifsy was wrong. It took him days to recover from Sturgeon not being charged with anything.
Delete🤣🤣🤣🤣 I have to laugh at the anon numpty who cannae even put his one line snidey comment in the right place calling me an idiot. That's you 4.07pm.
DeleteTop numpty at 6.20pm has a victim complex. It must be Sturgeon.
DeleteThe executive officer you refer to was the Chief Executive of the SNP and your husband Nicola. It was your job to ensure there was no corruption but you say you saw nothing. You should get yourself to specsavers if you cannae see a great big luxury motorhome. You also have a memory problem which should be investigated by medical professionals. Not sure why you say I was wrong. I told all the SNP numpties that you Nicola were a wrong un that would not deliver Indyref2 never mind independence. I also told the numpties that there was criminality going on in your household.
That was a bit nasty slagging off your old colleagues and friends in the SNP. Is your house still impounded? Enjoying your time in London. Checked in to your offices yet.
What's that you say - " no comment I don't recall"
Do extend your vocabulary ya numpty. Making your posts more coherent would be helpful too
DeleteHi Ifsy/anon. You continue to embarrass yourself. What crime has N S been charged with and convicted of? In your own time you stupid wee man. What’s that? She hasn’t been charged with or convicted of anything? Oh dear. Makes you a bit of a liar as well as an idiot.
DeleteIt didn’t stop people like you saying Salmond was guilty even though he had actually been cleared by a jury, unlike Sturgeon, who COPFS, under the control of her pal and the Scottish government decided not to prosecute. Hypocrisy and double standards from the nicophants. Apologists for criminal action.
DeleteIn fact Sturgeon used Covid briefings to say he was guilty. I don’t remember any of you lot criticising Sturgeon for this.
Nicophant at 8.37 am posts one liners and wants posts of more than 20 words to be more coherent because he struggles to read and understand them.
DeleteIFS Stalker of Sturgeon. Criminal behaviour?
DeleteAnon stalker of ifs. Criminal behaviour.
DeleteJust read his solicitors letter to police Scotland. They are of course being paid handsomely to send this letter. It's not for them to talk Campbell down from his high horse, or should that be ass. The silly cultists will have to dig deep to pay the legal bills. Police Scotland should send a firmly worded letter pointing out the possible penalties for wasting police time.
ReplyDeleteArrest him at the border. does he ever visit?
ReplyDeleteNot if he can help it.
DeleteThanks goodness. We have standards.
DeleteI think this from Roddy Dunlop might have some significance:
ReplyDelete"I am now asked to advise whether, assuming the facts averred
in the draft Summons are established at proof ..."
(the bit in bold!).
Oh Stew, if ifs and ands were pots and pans...
DeleteThis open forum thing is not a good idea James, you're giving every Campbell scrote and British scumbag a blank page to insult Scotland and the decent people in it
DeleteNot one of these bile infested people will financially support your blog
You're giving them a sewer to swim in and they love the stink of it, plus you're doing Campbell's work for him by giving him oxygen, let him stink up his own Bath filled with his own Orcs and British Goblins
I haven't really been following this, but I did look at this article some time ago - which people were triumphantly hailing as proof:
Deletehttps://wingsoverscotland.com/the-promise/
"This is the letter the SNP sent donors to the ringfenced 2017 fundraiser." and in that letter:
"Thank you for your recent donation which will be ringfenced for a future Independence referendum"
The problem is - this is AFTER the donation was made, not before it was made, and therefore does not in itself prove that any donor was induced to part with their hard-earned on the clear understanding that it was "ringfenced for a future Independence referendum".
Perhaps there's some other proof - I think it would need it. Otherwise it could be for a referendum campaign, which could well include the SNP trying to get a referendum in the first place, which could include them trying to get elected. Oh, and some video of Sturgeon on the webpage doesn't do the job either. IANAL.
I have explained this to the IFSy/idiot brigade before but they do not understand it. There is insufficient evidence for a civil case for recovery of donations, let alone a criminal case. The SNP offer to make refunds is for reputational reasons, not an admission of any form of liability.
DeleteYesindyref2 you backed Swinney re independence. Nothing has happened months after the election. You got it wrong. Now you start to try and claim the fund was not ring fenced. It was.
DeleteNot even Swinney has claimed it was not ring fenced. Not even Sturgeon has claimed it was not ring fenced. Not even the obnoxious nicophants that pollute SGP have claimed it was not ring fenced. You have become an apologist for criminal behaviour.
Hi IFSy. What criminal behaviour are you talking about? The crime against the SNP, in which the SNP was the victim? That one? Remind us all of the criminal conviction of N S for the crimes you claim she committed? When was she convicted? What court did she appear in? In your own time.
DeleteAs nicophants like you stated about Salmond. The court of public opinion. Guilty is the verdict and that’s why she has run away to London. The so called independence leader who called herself British is loving London.
DeleteDoesn't take long to reply to hypocrites like you.
IFS - you totally missed the point. Wings is complaining about Police Scotland not taking any action. But where on this page captured in 2017 do you see the word "ring-fenced"?
Deletehttps://web.archive.org/web/20170402130511/https://www.ref.scot/
or this one:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170407174358/https://www.ref.scot/donate?
I repeat - anything said AFTER a donation was made was not an inducement AT THE TIME of the donation.
Unless, as I said, there is other proof, and perhaps that is as in my opening post "... the facts averred in the draft Summons". But if they can't be proven, then they are not "facts".
It's not rocket science, even you should be able to understand.
That last one at 10.33 was me.
DeleteRoddy Dunlop, that's the guy who was going to leave Scotland because of what he claimed was high taxation.
DeleteIFSY at 9.57. You start with a lie as I have never posted annything about A S. I am still waiting for you to tell me the charge N S was prosecuted on and the court she was convicted in. Unless you are lying? Ah! That explains it. You are a liar and a sad silly little fantasist.
DeleteYesindyref2 the fund raising screen did say any monies raised were ring fenced. You are just raising a complete red herring. You also conveniently forget the fact that for years SNP leaders said the money had not been spent. It was “ woven “ in to the accounts the treasure claimed. What was it spent on and when ? No answer from the SNP. No transparency leads to suspicion of wrongdoing.
DeleteI was initially surprised so many independence supporters were willing to accept the Murrells wrongdoing but now I come to expect it as they are more SNP followers than independence supporters.
Anon nicophant at 12.51pm you really think I should take your word for it 😂😂😂. Try posting consistently under a moniker like I do and Keaton does and yesindyref2. Nope you are a lying hypocrite with double standards.
Delete"Yesindyref2 the fund raising screen did say any monies raised were ring fenced."
DeleteUnless you can prove that, it's just your faulty memory when you donated to the fund.
Oh wait ........
I ignore your squirrels as they, as always, have absolutely nothing to do with the actual issue. Which is, to remind you and help you focus your "brain" - at the point of donation was the donor told that their donation would be ring-fenced for an Independence Referendum?
I suggest you come up with proof - if you can. Asserting something as you do, is NOT proof.
Yesindyref2 -the words ring fenced were used at the start of the campaign. I don't think that is disputed.these days. I do think the issues highlighted by the wings website owner are concerning and needs to be further explored.
Delete"Yesindyref2 -the words ring fenced were used at the start of the campaign. I don't think that is disputed.these days."
DeleteProve it. Or it is just another baseless assertion. Like the talk about "criminal", without even the word "alleged" to go with it.
It shows a total lack of knowledge or understanding of the Law.
Similar to WGD where I was banned for saying "There is no such thing as judicial rape".
Assertions just don't cut it in the real world.
For goodness sake yesindyref2 not one of the SNP leadership ever denied the funds were ring fenced. Did the Treasurer Beattie when he said they were “ woven” say they were not ring fenced NO?
DeleteThey raised monies from lots of non SNP members for a phoney promise of indyref2 and still won’t or can’t say what it was actually spent on and when, after years of denying the money had been spent. Does that sit fine with you? A simple yes or no will suffice.
How do we know that a good chunk of it is not sitting in somebody’s bank account!!
Whatever Beattie, Swinney, some unnamed SNP spokesperson or Sturgeon might have said after the event, has absolutely no bearing at all on:
Delete"at the point of donation was the donor told that their donation would be ring-fenced for an Independence Referendum?"
next
Yesindyref2 I said a simple yes or no will suffice. Set aside your assertion that there was no ring fenced statement at the point of donation. Does it sit fine with you? Where is the money?
DeleteAnon at 2:51 PM
DeleteAre you following the context at all?
The context is Wings' article against Police Scotland, who are rightly interested only in whether there is a possible crime - or not. From that point of view, my question, which is NOT an assertion, it is a question (there is a difference you know, big, huge, enormous), was and still is this:
"at the point of donation was the donor told that their donation would be ring-fenced for an Independence Referendum?"
Well, have you anything pertinent to say? Or is it to be one of Wings' famous squirrels again?
Yesindyref2 2.51 pm is me. I forgot to change anon to ifs. Read my post again at 2.17pm. I asked you a valid question. It is not a squirrel.
DeleteIFS - Your assertive question does not lend itself to a "simple yes or no", and I'm not interested anyway. It's the past and it's Independence I want, not endless futile and dead end recriminations. Whether or not there is a case for Police Scotland to investigate is of some interest, and I think there probably isn't.
DeletePersonally I didn't donate - when I looked a few minutes after the National announced it, just for interest, it appeared to want an SNP membership number - and in any case, with no referendum date, who on earth would want to donate to any sort of referendum fund until it was actually happening?
Yesindyref2 you can learn from the past and not make the same mistakes again. You can learn from the past and ensure the crooks and those who turned a blind eye to wrong doing are no longer there.
DeleteWhy would any honest party ask for donations “ until it was actually happening” ?
Nearly 4 months since the election and nothing on independence from Swinney.
The way forward is a de facto referendum.
Hi yesindyref2
DeleteWhether or not they did at the point of donations for some of the donating people, they have been saying for years they had a referendum ring fenced fund. Then somebody decided to spend it.
I drew comfort from the very existence of the ring fenced money that they were serious about getting the funding in place, meaning such an event was in the party's strategy. At some point they decided it wasnt. That is significant and demoralising to be honest.
We should be building up a referendum fund to trigger at any time. Im disgusted they spent this money whether they will get away with it on a technicality or not.
I want to know none of the people involved in the decision to spend the money are in a position of power.
Ross
I mean. Im pretty sure I've seen adverts on this fund thing and it seemed pretty clear to me it was ring fenced. I dont think that wording has come out of thin air. It came from the snp themselves.
DeletePeople are trying really hard to make it sound ok what they did. Poor stuff
DeleteWhat did "they" do? Is ALBA still going?
DeleteAnon at 6:33 PM (Ross)
DeleteIt's a different issue though. The first is about a claim of alleged fraud or embezzlement, and a claim Police Scotland basically ignored it. I disagree.
The second is how the SNP actually spent the funds, and that is at least debatable. I didn't donate, so I don't really have an opinion.
I was a member of the SNP for 3 years though, and so a part of my membership fees were included in the sum of £400,000 proven to be embezzled. I don't want a refund from the SNP though.
Onwards and upwards!
AND yet the Police did not ignore it yesindyref2. They sent a file on Sturgeon to COPFS.
DeleteSorry I think they need to be transparent about it to regain trust that they are serious about independence.
DeleteTurning a blind eye is what Labour used to do. We're supposed to be better than that.
For years they were saying they were building up a ring fenced fund and then decided to spend it. We need to know why and who made that decision so they're no longer in a position of trust.
Or at the very, very least provide an explanation of what went on and who made the decision.
Side tracking it with stuff about whether it is legal or not, or who is pushing a court case doesn't detract from the matter at hand.
Ross
Also, I dont understand your point about the 400k. I also was a member and my monies will have been embezzeled. The snp were the victim there, thats got nothing to do with the procedures and decision making in place to spend a ring fenced fund. Different issues.
DeleteWell, for days now I’ve been asking Scot Goes Poppers to give me some of those “benefits of Indy”.
ReplyDeleteAlas, none have been forthcoming! All I get is insults and the usual anti English stuff.
Says it all really. Pretty sad!
Nobody is interested in you KC. Not good at taking a hint are you.
DeleteThe removal of pre moderation is a timely reminder of the stupidity, duplicity and toxicity of K C and IFSy/Anon. It gives James good numbers but at what cost.
ReplyDeleteIt gives an open forum and means people can reply in real time.
DeleteIFS is not the same as KC - KC is an open Unionist which is fine, better than a sneaky "Anon", but IFS is an open Indy supporter - and one of the few who actually replies to unionists with an argument for Independence.
No he isnt.
DeleteIFS is not now nor has he ever been an independence supporter, even Stuart Campbell banned him from Wings because of the nature of his comments
DeleteIFS used the moniker "cubby" at that time, he's even more of a scumbag than Campbell
I was banned from Wings, for saying "Wake me up when we get back to Indy" when he was going on about gender, and secondly for telling him his opinion poll questions were rubbish.
DeleteYou, on the other hand, are one of those "Anon"s, too timorous a wee beastie to even put a recognisable moniker on your postings!
next
Difficult to believe you are still pedalling the Anon nonsense. You are no more “identified” by your silly moniker than any anon. If you are not a timorous wee beastie stick your name and address in the text of your next post. That is identification. As for IFSy’s commitment to Independence he is one of the “on my terms “ Indy supporters, which makes him more bother than he is worth. He is also, by nature, a troll, and all the more tiresome for it. You are heading in that direction as well.
DeleteThe nicophants do not like their Nicola being exposed for what she is. Especially Dr Jim at 12.01pm. Jimbo is a violent nutter who boasted about being violent to women. Jimbo is a weird nicophant because I have no doubt Sturgeon would hate him. Jimbo also really hates all English people and I mean all.
DeleteAll these bampots are obsessed with who I am but they all post as anons so they can disown comments they made at a future date and claim it is another anon. Nought but cowards. One minute I am Campbell or Campbell’s pal or Campbell kicked me off his site. It seems they are not adult enough to realise you can agree with an action or viewpoint of a person but detest other views and actions of the same person.
Yes I do support independence . I always have. The clue is in the moniker. Some of these anons should post as nicophant or bampot or SNP troll. I even held my nose and voted for Oswald in May even though she was party to the cover up of the SNP finances.
Cowardly anon at 12.35pm what exactly are “ my terms “ you refer to? Or are you keeping my terms a secret.
DeleteOh dear a mask appears to have inadvertently slipped. I responded to yesindyref2 and IFSY has replied to my response as though it was directed at him. Ooops. Signed Anon.
Delete"pedalling"
DeleteIt's "peddling", not "pedalling". And I'm peddling nothing - you are indeed a wee timorous Anonymous beastie, probably from Romania without a vote here in Scotland.
As for "I responded to yesindyref2 and IFSY has replied to my response as though it was directed at him."
Hopefully they'll teach you better use of English in P2.
next
Nicophant coward at 2.05pm you referred to me in your post. So no answer to your assertion about “my terms”. You are just like KC in so many ways - a right walloper.
DeleteGosh YIR2 an autotext error is your only response and an infantile reference to schools. Well done. I see you and your pal are both on the case.Try to get out more.
DeleteExcuses excuses. I don't think you've ever contributed anything useful, just attacks on actual Indy supporters. Keeps you out of mischief I daresay, lets dogs walk in peace, and justifies your Dover House wages. Child labour - are you paid with fingers of fudge? Or gummy bears?
DeleteGosh oh golly!
Dover house wages? Are you spending a lot on tinfoil? And that's an unhealthy habit you have of making reference to children's schools and confectionery. You are for the watching. I don't associate with people like that. Off you go. Seek help. Hopefully James is keeping tabs.
DeleteQED.
DeleteAs I said: "I don't think you've ever contributed anything useful, just attacks on actual Indy supporters."
Gosh the old QED. So clever. I'm surmising you didn't quite achieve academically. Never mind. And it wasn't an attack, it was a caution to others. Stupid boy.
DeleteGolly gosh!
DeleteAdvancement, personal or as part of a collective, comes from rigorous, self-critical review. We can all be Panglossian cheerleaders for the cause of independence, but that’s lazy, intellectually unchallenging, and ultimately counterproductive.
ReplyDeleteIf you want only an echo chamber of good news, and self aggrandising affirmation, you should perhaps consider joining a cult.
I hear the Church of Scientology is avidly recruiting.
As for making BTL comments on blogs, there’s always Wee Ginger Dug.
Or alternatively, the ATLS.
DeleteClassic straw man. Well done you , you silly billy.
DeleteAnyone seen a picture of Nicola popping in to Thames House to say hello to her colleagues. Or was he having a male day and was wearing a hoodie and a beard.
ReplyDeleteI saw you popping into Kookie Chic and buying a chiffon nightie. You said it was for the lady wife but we've all seen you hanging around the station looking like Hattie Jacques on a bad day. Usually you're more like Kenneth Williams or Charles Hawtrey.
Delete6.33pm showing your age there. No idea what you are talking about. Are you 98years old or something.
DeleteProbably wearing a St trinians outfit Hattie Jacques indeed.
DeleteShhhh, it's a secret if you're not in on it.
ReplyDeleteWell James, you certainly have greatly improved your posting ratio on here!
ReplyDeletePity that so many of those posters are of the 'standard' of ifsy or lower - if that is even possible.
I of course do not include the Wingnuts as real posters.
That lot are the same gutter trash as the their fake reverend and some of them will no doubt have been defrocked by him.
Such is the nature of their pathetic and dying little cult.
IFSY and YIR2 are joined at the hip. And both have more in common with the fake rev than with true Indy supporters. Once the amnesty is over these cretins will mysteriously disappear.
DeleteAnon at 5:24 PM
DeleteYou do seem to have an unhealthy obsession with me and IFS.
Sad. Your love is unrequited. But hey, here's an "X" for you :-)
No, no need to thank me so cringingly obsequiously.
You get called a cretin and you are gratetful? And you equate obsession with love. Oh dear. Low self esteem or what? You do actually need to get some help. I'm going to stop humiliating you. I hadn't realised how sad and needy you actually are.
DeleteAnon at 5:58 PM
DeleteYou remind me of the old Usenet newsgroup days where people who were losing the plot and the argument would go ***plonk*** to indicate they'd put them in their killfile meaning they'd never see any more postings. Then they'd go off in a huff again arguing with the same person and go ***plonk*** - forgetting they weren't supposed to be ever reading that person's postings. Then they'd do the same again and again.
Hence the origin of the word "plonker".
True story and very appropriate for you.
Was that hilarious last night after the pub? It’s embarrassing for you now. If you have to tell people a story is true it probably isn’t. And if you have to tell someone it is appropriate for them? Work that one out yourself. Not the brightest are you? Leave the shovel in the corner. And try not to drink then post.
DeleteYIR2 and IFSY are like a wee tag team. You never see one without the other. They must be besties. They even mix up their identities sometimes. Admittedly they never actually say anything worth listening to, but there is a welcome boost to James's numbers. And when you pit them against K C and the Hunswine band it's quite the contest. Ooerr matron.
ReplyDeleteYour hissy fit at being called to account is quite amusing.
Delete“ You never see one without the other. “ another lie from a prolific liar.
Delete“ They even mix up their identities sometimes. “ another lie from a prolific liar.
5.54pm what exactly is your motivation in so strongly defending the Murrells. Did you get a wee cut of the stolen goods? Did you get a fancy Mont Blanc pen? Probably not. How about one of the expensive coffee machines? Probably not again, far too sophisticated for you. You are probably an instant coffee aficionado.
DeleteI know, he gave you one of the toilet seats he bought with SNP money. Very appropriate.
grow up. On the other hand it is probably too late.
DeleteAnon at 5:54 PM and 9:19
DeleteYou have the brain of a possum and you're out of luck - it doesn't want it back.
Nice one yesindyref2.
DeleteYou are both having the proverbial ripped out of you. Do you really not see that? And the more it’s done the more stupid the two of you become. Grow up.
DeleteWho is Anon 287 ( hi IFSY) talking to? Strange notion of what makes for a hissyfit.
DeleteAnon troll at 7.56 am what’s up did you not even get some of the toilet rolls Murrell bought with SNP money.
Delete8.51am you weirdos really do see me everywhere. Anon287 is not me. Unlike you useless people when I post I make sure who it is directed to. Seek treatment for your obsession or is it paranoia.
I haven't seen the Wings Over Scotland website for a couple of years so never realised what people were talking about when they mentioned all the nutters posting messages there. If it's the same lot who have migrated here, I'd say the psychiatric services would have their hands full if they all turned up at the same hospital on the same day. Still, it's nice for them to have a safe space where they can meet and agree with the chap they fund.
ReplyDeleteI’ve been somewhat tongue in cheek suggesting that Campbell does Indy a favour by containing the mouth frothers and keeping them away from the wider Indy movement. The removal of pre mod has attracted three prolific posters, IFS, YIR2 and KC on here. Numbers are up but there is no discussion, only vitriol and division from these three arseholes. They are all intent on damaging the SNP and the wider Indy movement. I prefer a pre mod setting, frustrating as it can sometimes be.
Delete9.10am the most prolific poster is you anon. I guess in your strange world you calling people arseholes is not vitriol. When did you get the right to determine who is " the wider Indy movement".
DeleteI'm guessing you are part of Sturgeon's gang. You can decide if that is a compliment or vitriol.
I think some have multiple personalities. It probably shows that the britnats are worried.
ReplyDeleteHow much longer is pre mod being kept off? IFSY YIR2 and KC are ruining any prospect of discussion. I’ll check in again on Friday to see whether pre mod is back on. These three arseholes need to get a life.
ReplyDeleteAnon at 8:48 AM, 7:56, 8:51, 9:10 and 8:53.
DeleteStill obsessing over us, but no actual posting about the subject itself, whereas IFS and myself have - vigorously and robustly - exchanged different points of view on it, called a "discussion"; which moves the discussion on a bit.
I'll just call you "Plonker".
You can always tell the true people who want free and open discussion and they are not like the anon at 8.53am who wants to exclude people from discussion and verbally abuse them. Anon you are an unpleasant person.
Delete"... where the independence cause is firmly in the hands of John Swinney ..."
ReplyDeletehe said without any sense of irony.
The problem with YI2 and ifs no other blog will have them.
ReplyDeleteThe problem for some other blogs is that YI2 and ifs won't have them.
DeleteIs the current leadership committed to the cause? No. Anything else is froth.
ReplyDelete