Friday, August 21, 2026

Douglas Alexander tacitly admits the choice for Labour is: a) change course on independence, or b) keep losing elections (and we already know it's b) because of the leadership contest stitch-up)


My seven-day conventional text-blogging blitz to help promote my Ko-Fi fundraising page is now over, and it certainly wasn't a waste of time because it led to several new sign-ups as recurring monthly supporters, plus several hundred pounds in one-off donations.  However, I did fall well short of my target of reaching 60 monthly subscribers, and also a reasonable way short of the target of £1500 in one-off donations, so I'll just have to keep plugging away and hope I can reach financial sustainability before too long.  The one consolation of not reaching either target is of course that I am now freed from my conditional pledge to keep pre-moderation in the comments section switched off.  I might actually still leave it off for a little while longer, because as expected it's vastly boosted the number of comments, which in turn indirectly boosts the audience for the blog.  But I expect I'll sooner or later reach the saturation point I always reach where the downsides start to clearly outweigh the advantages.

3 comments:

  1. https://www.thenational.scot/news/26483678.wings-blogger-threatens-police-legal-action-snp-600k-fund/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Douglas Alexander... fnarr fnarr fnoop fnoop

    ReplyDelete