Friday, July 17, 2015

A Lib Dem election leaflet from a parallel universe

Hi, I'm Alistair Carmichael, and I'm your Liberal Democrat candidate for the Orkney & Shetland by-election on September 24th.

You remember me, surely?  I'm the chap who lied to you during the general election campaign.

I'm asking you to return me to Westminster with an overwhelming mandate for the traditional Liberal values of rehabilitation for me and giving me a second chance.

We had thought of putting these vitally important Liberal principles into practice without consulting you guys, but then we remembered we've got the word "Democrat" in our name as well.

This by-election is a straight choice between the SNP and rehabilitation for me.

ONLY the Lib Dems are strong enough in this area to rehabilitate me and give me a second chance.  Labour and the Tories can't do it.

The Liberal Democrats - REHABILITATING HERE!

3 comments:

  1. Carmichael is a liar. He was happy to lie to further the dubious cause of unionism, and, no doubt, to further his own personal career. Nae sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure that Tim is the sharpest knife in the drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SNP election leaflet:

    Hello to you, fellow Scotsheeples. We know you had an election here just recently but bear with us. You see, we are saor losers (geddit? Teehee!). We know you voted in your thousands for the winning candidate and that nationalists are no more welcome here than at an orange lodge but screw it -four of our fine yes sheeples have demanded a rerun and the Scottish and British establishment has inexplicably rolled over and granted it. So here we go again.

    Vote SNP 4 more referendums*

    *snp may lie through their teeth but you'll be stuck with us for the entire 5 year duration.

    ReplyDelete