Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vote for a blog that is fighting for the things that really matter now the midgies are back

If you've enjoyed this blog over the last twelve months, especially while it was covering the thrills and spills of the historic election campaign back in the spring, I wouldn't be at all put out if you consider it worthy of a vote in this year's Total Politics Blog Poll, which is now - slightly later than usual - open for business. Last time round, Scot Goes Pop finished a respectable 23rd in the Scottish section, and by the looks of things only just missed the cut for the top 300 political blogs in the UK as a whole. So it'll be interesting to see what happens this time - visitor numbers are certainly well up on last year, but I'd imagine that's the case for a lot of other Scottish blogs as well.

There's also an additional poll for individual bloggers this time round (ie. regardless of whether their writing is restricted to one blog or spread across several), so I suppose at this point I'll have to pray in aid my endless witterings on Political Betting! My only guest slot on Scottish Roundup to date was also within the last twelve months - I clearly remember that it was in the autumn, because it seemed to take me the whole autumn to finish it.

Voting is slightly easier this year - it's by online form rather than email, although you still have to provide a valid email address. There's also a rule that bloggers aren't allowed to publish a list of ten 'recommended' blogs that they think people should vote for.

So I won't do that, but I will just say good luck to everyone! Click here if you'd like to cast your votes.

2 comments:

  1. Ezio Auditore da Firenze - Trying not to be overly sycophantic.August 10, 2011 at 12:26 PM

    Needless to say, you have my vote.

    The blog is now the first website I look at for Scottish political news (after I've caught up with all the goings on in Florence, of course!). And your spats with various loony-rightists are never less than fantastic entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, Ezio - if I can ever return the compliment by voting for you in a Florentine nobleman poll, just let me know!

    ReplyDelete