* Voting in the re-run of the Membership Support Convener election is now open and all Alba Party members can vote. The online voting link should have arrived in your email inbox on Friday. The previous running of the election a few weeks ago was voided, so you need to vote again if you want your vote to count.
* I have nothing to do with the factionalism and cliquishness and secret plotting that led to the original election being voided. I think you all know that if I want to say something, I say it openly and publicly, and I don't skulk around in cowardly fashion plotting on secret Whatsapp groups. So voting for me is a good way to quickly move away from this nonsense at a moment of maximum opportunity for the Alba Party.
* If I win, I will use my long experience as one of Scotland's leading pro-independence bloggers to engage with members creatively and re-engage with inactive members to make it less likely that they will drift away and leave the party.
* I will also try to help ease some of the communication problems that have bedevilled the party.
* I support the democratic empowerment of *all* Alba members. Roughly half of the NEC are currently only elected by conference attendees - those voting rights should be extended to all members. All other national committees should also be elected by the whole membership, which is not the case at present. And all members should be able to vote on conference resolutions, regardless of whether they are in the hall or not - this is perfectly achievable by online vote.
* A fully democratised party will have a far better chance of attracting new members, who will know that they're not just joining a fan club or a chat show.
* Only full democratic empowerment of Alba members can protect against a "Sturgeon / Starmer scenario" in which a future new leader comes in and bypasses the members to take the party in a new direction, for example by putting independence on the backburner. Once that happens it's too late to put the genie back in the bottle - the only protection is to get the structures right *before* it happens.