Saturday, June 4, 2011

Andrew Reeves

Just a quick note to say how shocked and sad I was to discover via Caron's blog that Andrew Reeves has died.  In fact, I had to do a double-take when I saw the name, because I couldn't quite take in that it was the same Andrew Reeves I was thinking of - I knew that he was only in his early forties. 

I must admit I know absolutely nothing about Andrew's real-life political work for the Liberal Democrats other than his job title, but I discovered his blog about eighteen months ago after he left a comment here, and I've been a regular reader ever since.  He was undoubtedly one of the leading lights of both the Scottish and Lib Dem blogospheres, and he'll be greatly missed.

3 comments:

  1. That's a shock! Very sad news indeed. All the more so as he was younger than me and I know he has recently married his partner. I just can't imagine how that feels. Very, very sad news indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was saddened when I heard the news. That’s far too young to die.

    I enjoyed Andrew’s Running blog which he wrote on a variety of subjects, always with humour and some style. I read his last postings on Wednesday.

    His death is, perhaps, even sadder, given that he had recently married, and my thoughts are with his partner who must be devastated.

    It’s a reminder to us all, I guess, that life can end suddenly and at an altogether wrong age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. James (and Munguin and Tris,

    Thanks for this. It's all horrible at the moment, but it really helps to know how highly Andrew was regarded outside the Liberal Democrats as well as inside.

    ReplyDelete