I know that Reform have been putting the idea about that Count Binface is an unfunny tool of the establishment, but I think it's beyond dispute that he provided at least three moments of true genius over recent days, albeit two of them required some help from the hapless (or at least hapless when faced with a novelty by-election candidate) Jon Craig:
1) When an American interviewer asked him about his place on the political spectrum, Binface replied: "I am the Galactic Centre, and everything else just revolves around me like little planets." The interviewer then asked him if he could put that in American political terms, and he said "yes" and repeated in an American accent: "I am the Galactic Centre, and everything else just revolves around me like little planets."
2) When Jon Craig asked him why he "stood here in Clacton", he replied "because that's where the election was, Jon". A flustered Craig followed up with "right...but why...why...", prompting Binface to point down at the count taking place while they spoke. "Look, can't you see?"
3) Later in the same interview, Binface identified himself as a fan of Ceefax and Lovejoy. Craig suddenly got quite excited, and said: "Lovejoy, that's going back a bit. Denis MacShane!"
No comments:
Post a Comment