An audio podcast version of the above video can be heard HERE, and will soon be available on Apple Podcasts HERE.
* * *
If you'd like to help Scot Goes Pop to continue, please check out my Ko-Fi page, where you can either set up a small recurring monthly donation, or make a one-off donation of any amount. Many thanks to everyone who has already contributed.
Those figures are worrying similar to the voting proportions in the referendum. Why are we gloating about Labour? Do we not have a more pressing task?
ReplyDeleteHi, KC.
DeleteThere were no party political voting proportions in the independence referendum, as you know. What a silly boy you are.
I’m afraid you’ve got it wrong again James!
Delete2:39 wasn’t me.
I’m moving to Piddington
DeleteI'm afraid you've got it wrong again, KC! James is entirely right. 2.39 was me. You, however, are an impostor.
Delete20% labour want independence.
Delete5.09: No, I will not be answering your "valid question", because you are, as I correctly stated, KC. I have instead deleted your post. Nice try, but you had more subtlety in your Sunshine Band days.
DeleteIt’s not just James who makes this mistake.
DeleteIfS has accused me of being KC on several occasions. Of course he never admits to getting it wrong!
It's a rough night for you, KC. But thank you for putting my conclusion beyond doubt.
DeleteAbusive (and now deleted) Anon at 9.38: The obvious problem with you sneering that "you think everyone is KC, James!" is that in fact everyone I accused of being KC on this thread was KC. On some days well over 25% of all comments posted are KC, and that was the case even when I had pre-moderation switched on - I simply didn't publish them. If you're still too slow to clock his writing style and his hobby-horses, you're the dim one here, I'm afraid.
DeleteHowever, I do agree that *you* are not KC. I have no idea who you are because you cowardly hide behind anonymity, but your own writing style is equally recognisable because you've been posting your poison here for years. You're considerably more malicious than KC and your sole aim seems to be to completely wreck the comments section and make a return to pre-moderation inevitable. As I've said to you many, many, many times before: kindly go away.
"Go away" was not, and never has been, code for "please post another seventeen thousand gibbering troll posts". What a slow learner you are.
DeleteYou do give yourself away with the "site failing badly" schtick, though - that's your calling card, just as "Nessie" is KC's. Hundreds of comments on many of the threads, thousands of views for each YouTube video, and the third-most read political blog in Scotland - you reckon that's "failure"?! The mind boggles as to what you think success would look like...
A quarter of Scots now identify with Reform/Restore. That's quite a lot.
ReplyDeleteI do think there are some Yes supporters, particularly in West Central scotland scunnered with the obvious dramatic change in our streets and the financial impact on council budgets. Equally now the thousands of non European immigrants are here and unlikely to go how they can be targeted for a yes vote? I feel the door is ajar for Europeans how half know scotlands history but a sub Sahara Somalia could be less inclined without proper campaigning. I wonder how that plays out in snp campaigning. It will be interesting to see.
When we thought through the demographic change of young yes overtaking old no we didn't factor in this exponential increase in foreign voters. Will require serious thought.
Plus, as young Yes voters get older they’re likely to have doubts about independence when they start worrying about their pension. Pensions are a massive issue which need addressed.
DeleteGlasgow electorate is going to be unrecognisable to today's in ten years. A smaller proportion of Irish immigration, including my own people, happened in 19th century and which arguably still has an effect politically. Who knows what the effect will be politically of the new wave.
Delete8-40/8-54 and 9-07pm.... the demented dribbling drivel from the same demented yoon.
DeleteYoons are natural dribblers.
DeleteGenetics ensure that fact.
KC being a prime example.
Amazing to think he actually believes his posts on here are in any way relevant to Scotland's future.
Truly amazing.
11:42,
DeleteThere’ll be a confirmed sighting of Nessie before you lot get yer independence.
I feel lovely, cute and unsettling. Like an American kewpie doll on the counter at a roadhouse eatery in Nebraska. Those in the know will appreciate the half-concealed reference.
DeleteAnd I suppose we're meant to believe 11.46 "isn't KC" either. "NOT EVERYONE IS KC, JAMES", etc, etc, etc.
DeleteJames, do you think there's anything Burnham could do to bribe Swinney into devolving power to local councils?
DeleteI don't think Burnham actually wants powers devolved to Scottish local councils unless it's on a metro-mayor basis. That's the only thing that seems to interest Labour, probably because they think they might have a chance of getting a Labour mayor of Glasgow or Edinburgh, which would give them an alternative powerbase. Which is also why the SNP would resist it, without some major concession on independence or on the block grant.
Delete10,01 aka keyboard warrior
DeleteI put the first comment.
I am an independence supporter.
Some people maybe want to have a debate? Rather than throw insults
Reform UK are an English nationalist organisation, so why the hell anyone wanting Scottish independence would have anything to do with them ?
DeleteAnon at 8.44. Sure you're an indy supporter! Pull the other one !
DeleteAnon 20.57. Because the uniparty have totally screwed the UK that’s why. This country and I include Scotland is in terminal decline and if you deny that you must be blind or in complete denial. The SNP government up here with the powers we have haven’t been much better and are gradually getting worse. What will Scotland look like in 10 years. I fear for my grandchildren
DeleteAye, KC claimed, under various guises, to be an independence supporter at one time.
DeleteAnon@11-27am
Delete......" this country and I include Scotland...." STOP RIGHT THERE!
An Independence supporter (certainly not an SNP member) would ever say that.Begone with you Reform/Restore person.
I was an SNP member since George Reid was my MP. I’m no longer a member
Deletebye.
DeleteThank you
DeleteHi I am the first comment and 8.44
DeleteIll start putting a handle on my posts.
Did I say I supported Reform/Restore?? No i didnt. And never will. What a strange reaction.
How about engaging in the terms of what has actually been written rather than make things up.
Regards
RP
Apparently a massive demographic change will be of no consequence to gaining and winning a referendum?
DeleteI hope the SNP aren't listening to some of these people. Doomed if so.
Regards
RP
Hi R P. Bit of a fib by you there. I put the original comment. It hasn't gone down well. But it's an awkward truth.Slagging off Labour gets us what exactly? I'm time marking this and have a screen shot. Perhaps we could debate the reasons for the static voting intention position.
DeleteThe original comment at 8.40 is the very top of this thread about the reform/restore vote being around a quarter. That was me.
DeleteI didn't slap off Labour. That's got nothing to do with what I wrote or the first comment on this thread.
Regards
RP
The recent poll showed Reform on 14% in Scotland, mostly knuckledraggers.
DeleteIt's in black and white above.
Delete19% reform
3% restore
Not a negligence amount. That's with tories still on 9% on top of that.
Regards
Ross
We both know it wasn’t RP. Stop being silly.
DeleteTories on 9% This would bring tears to a glass eye !
DeleteAnon at 11.01. Grow up. The criticism fell to be made. Respond to it.
ReplyDeleteWhat sort of a clown walks into a room full of adults and says: "Grow up"?
DeleteThe Jolly Green Giant maybe?
Anon 11.01 is that you Mr Kerr ?
DeleteAnon at 2.17. You?
DeleteFfs
ReplyDeleteAnon 8.40. 100% correct
ReplyDelete