There is no unambiguous outcome to yesterday's readers' poll about the future of Scot Goes Pop as the result currently stands - so far traditional text-blogging is somewhat more popular than videos and podcasts (perhaps unsurprising given that I ran the poll on the blog rather than the YouTube channel), but in total just over half of you want the YouTube videos to continue to at least some extent - either on their own or in combination with some text-blogging. I'll continue to mull it all over.
However, I'm delighted to say that two more people set up a recurring monthly Ko-Fi donation last night, plus there was another one-off donation. A million thanks to all three of those people. That brings me to a total of four monthly Ko-Fi supporters, plus there's also a pre-existing recurring payment that doesn't go through Ko-Fi, so five overall. As stated yesterday, I'll probably need to get up to several dozen recurring monthly supporters on Ko-Fi to make this work, but I'm slightly more optimistic today than I was before. If you'd like to help me continue creating content, please visit my Ko-Fi page HERE, and remember that if a small recurring payment isn't suitable for you, it does accept one-off donations of any amount too.
Surprise YouGov, Westminster voting intention poll to reflect that last poll incorporated period before Burnham was sworn in as PM.
ReplyDeleteField work 22 - 23 July, population sample 2,262.
Headline; RefUK 2% lead over Labour (was 2% lead over Tories).
Scottish sub-sample (197)
Con 12%, Lab 12%, LibDem 12%, SNP 37%, Ref%uk 16%, Green 4%.
Plugged into Electoral Calculus model with Scottish sub-sample finesse.
Headline; RefUK 131 seats short of majority.
RefUK 195, Lab 152, Con 107, LibDem 72, Green 52, SNP 48, Plaid 3.
Plaid will get more seats at expense of RefUK, they have 30% in Welsh sub-sample.
Traffic light coalition. Red (Labour), Amber (LibDem & SNP), Green (Greens & Plaid Cymru).
Labour are in no position to reject unless they plan on ruling Scotland with Zero MPs.
SNP must drive a hard bargain.
Sarwar's statement on getting a very well-paid job for life that doesn't require any work:
ReplyDelete"Throughout my life, I have only ever been motivated by public service, the opportunity to serve our country is all I ever asked. That's why this is an opportunity I humbly accept."
I've always wondered how someone so terrible at faking sincerity has survived for so long at the top levels (ish) of politics. He's always saying stuff like this, going on about how selfless he is while selling his grandmother to a glue factory. If a conniving politician in a work of fiction spoke like him it would feel like lazy writing
Will John Swinney have the balls to start the intense campaign of non cooperation and sabotage of Westminster and pass the legislation through Holyrood to hold an Indy advisory opinion exercise?
ReplyDeleteAndy Burnham is a Man of Destiny. I repeat: A. Man. Of. Destiny.
ReplyDeleteIs Swinney ever going to grow a pair of baws? Are the SN[P ever going to stop being Spineless?
ReplyDelete